Subject: bug#48336: kicad cannot see libngspice

From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 15:05:42 -0800

Thank you. I ran a simulation based on a tutorial and the results of
the simulation were identical.

-----Original Message-----
From: Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: bug#48336: kicad cannot see libngspice
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 21:50:40 +0000

Christopher Howard <[email-masked]> skribis:
> In Kicad Eeschema, if I try to use the Tools >> Simulator menu entry,
> Iget an error in a pop-up window that libngspice cannot be found,
> andthen the whole Kicad application closes. I see that libngspice is
> adependency of kicad so I'm not quite sure what is wrong.
> I asked at #kicad at they said that Kicad does not have any gui-
> adjustable path settings for ngspice or libngspice, so I don't think
> Ihave the application configured wrong.

Fix pushed as f7d2ae57543ae6afe14434877d7480b15dcbb5b7.I checked that
the libngspice library is detected and that thesimulation window opens
correctly, but I have not tried makingsimulations of electronic
circuits.Please open another bug if you find a problem.