Subject: guix system image uses cross-compiler even on native system

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2021 20:58:09 -0700

I tried building a pinebook-pro image on an aarch64-linux Guix System...

$ uname -a
Linux myhostname 5.12.2-gnu #1 SMP 1 aarch64 GNU/Linux

$ guix system image ./gnu/system/images/pinebook-pro.scm
substitute: updating substitutes from
'http://mycachingproxy/ci'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/n2mmyxi710aqbicq6p4nilma56nbpp3b-net-tools-1.60-0.479bb4a.drv
   /gnu/store/5f7hz1bbz3m7cxiv529qyw5arqp687j5-gcc-cross-aarch64-linux-gnu-7.5.0.drv
   /gnu/store/ca3ki1nw3abmx4phg5aqbyvk9pw9v8j4-linux-libre-headers-cross-aarch64-linux-gnu-5.4.20.drv
   /gnu/store/vdl9l45257m1glbmmqcrwdy2brb96kg4-gcc-cross-sans-libc-aarch64-linux-gnu-7.5.0.drv
   /gnu/store/jik876a99dvxdky5jv8ghj316knfjfyj-glibc-cross-aarch64-linux-gnu-2.31.drv
   ...

But I'm building this on an aarch64 system; it shouldn't need to use an
aarch64-linux-gnu cross-compiler on an aarch64-linux system! It would be
nice if it could build images natively, too. :)

live well,
  vagrant