Subject: Re: [PATCH v4] gnu: Add remmina.

From: Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 11:37:07 -0400

Hi Leo,

> I don't think an extra file is needed here.  Remmina can fit quite well
> to the other VNC clients.

True. But adding it in rdesktop.scm or vnc.scm causes cyclic-dependency, 
when I add #:use-module (gnu packages vnc) or #:use-module (gnu packages 
rdesktop); respectively.

> Adjust how? > You already have remmina.scm in your ChangeLog.

Corrected them in v5.

> I don't think this does, what you think it does.
> "REMMINA_PLUGIN_PATH" is here interpreted as a single directory; usage
> as a PATH variable is therefore dangerous.  (Consider a setting, where
> REMINA_PLUGIN_PATH="guix-profile-a/...:guix-profile-b/...")
> 
> Also consider packages like Emacs, where the inclusion of their own
> outputs in their path variables was dangerous.  (Although in this case,
> it's probably sane, since you're using an extra output, but do verify
> Remmina to work as intended without it.)

Thanks for the pointers. I tried running remmina without installing its 
other output, no hiccups.

Regards,
RG.