Subject: Re: bug#48320: [PATCH] lint: Verify if #:tests? is respected in the 'check' phase.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 14:15:50 +0200

Hello Maxime,

> +      (`(,(or 'lambda 'lambda*) ,_ (invoke . ,_) . ,_)
> +       (list (make-warning package
> +                           ;; TRANSLATORS: check and #:tests? are a Scheme
> +                           ;; symbol and keyword respectively and should not
> +                           ;; be translated.
> +                           (G_ "the 'check' phase should respect #:tests?")
> +                           #:field 'arguments)))

I like the idea behind this patch. However I think the detection pattern
could be improved for instance, here are a few unreported packages:

- dejagnu
- python-dateutil
- eigen

Maybe we should check directly if the tests? variable is used within the
'check replace phase?

Thanks,

Mathieu