Subject: [bug#48314] [PATCH v3] Install guix system on Raspberry Pi

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 08:25:50 -0700

On 2022-04-28, Stefan wrote:
>> Just tested this on an rpi3b+ and sometime between u-boot 2021.01 and
>> 2021.04 rpi-arm64 fails to boot on rpi3b+ ... 
>
> IWithin my patch series there is one patch to modify a defconfig
> file. I enhanced that patch meanwhile to check, that lines in the
> modified defconfig show up in the final .config file. Last weekend I
> found out that several settings differ. I also updated the raspberry
> specific defconfigs, but the mismatches still remain.

Look forward to seeing an updated patch series!

> My guess is, that the kernel has problems booting. Did GRUB show up?

I didn't test with grub, just the syslinux-style menus, but it didn't
even get as far as u-boot on the serial console with
rpi_arm64_defconfig. With either rpi_3_defconfig or
rpi_3_b_plus_defconfig, it worked just fine.

I had to set gpu_freq=250 in config.txt, which is a bit of a known
issue:

  https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/553

>> I feel confident at least
>> adding a simple u-boot-rpi-3 and/or u-boot-rpi-3-b-plus package (without
>> most of the proposed changes)
>
> Please wait a bit longer, I addressed all your comments to U-Boot already.

I really don't see the harm in it, and actually see considerable benefit
to making a smaller diff for review as it is a huge patch series, but
I'm not planning on actually using guix on any rpi hardware anytime
soon, so... ok.

live well,
  vagrant