Subject: [bug#48314] [PATCH v3] Install guix system on Raspberry Pi

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 23:00:50 +0200

Hi,

phodina <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I've rebased the patches from Stefan and there are only two packages that don't cross-compile - nss-certs and ntp.
>
> I attempted to do guix pull on Raspberry Pi 3, but it failed due to running of memory - I'll attempt to test it with a swap file/partition.
>
> Or is it possible to do guix pull using a substitute so that the computation wouldn't be done locally? This offloading would be really great for these embedded platforms.

Normally you should be able to get substitutes, making ‘guix pull’
actually usable on these platforms.  But I’m not sure what the status is
on armhf-linux.  This platform needs love!

> From deab687c2b0540a944b48c68fa00cac4bac99b80 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Petr Hodina <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 10:22:14 +0200
> Subject: [PATCH 1/2] gnu: nss-certs: Support cross-compilation.
>
> * gnu/packages/certs.scm (nss-certs)[arguments]: Fix unresolved
>   variable - output.

I addressed this one differently to avoid rebuilding the 600+ packages
that depends on nss-certs.

> From 98ad94f6282d8ff3a244181ecc32946ea281aa03 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Petr Hodina <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 10:24:46 +0200
> Subject: [PATCH 2/2] gnu: ntp: Support cross-compilation.
>
> * gnu/packages/ntp.scm (ntp)[arguments]: Add configuration flag.

I added a comment explaining why this flag is needed and committed.

Should we close this issue now?

Thanks!

Ludo’.