Subject: Re: [External] : bug#48307: Feature request: provide default keybindings to change the font size in all windows

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2021 19:58:50 +0300

> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> CC: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 16:39:33 +0000
> 
> > > I hear "how do I resize the font in Emacs again?"
> > > more than once a week these days ^^).
> > 
> > Why not point them to Options->Set Default Font menu item?  That does
> > almost everything you asked for in your answer to my questions.  In
> > fact, given that we already have that menu item, it could be argued we
> > already have the feature implemented.
> 
> For only that use case, that suffices, indeed.
> 
> But this enhancement request is about _incrementally_
> zooming (I think); that is, the kind of thing you do
> with `C-x (+|-)'.

When you click on that menu item, Emacs pops up a GUI font selection
dialog, where you can increase or decrease the font size.  So if the
font you selected doesn't fit, you can do the same again and pick up a
different size.

IOW, no one said that this has to be done with a key sequence that has
"+" or "-" as its part.

Of course writing a wrapper for that command whcih is bound to mouse
wheel with some modifier should be trivial if that's the main issue
here; patches welcome.  I thought the request was for a non-existing
feature, so I pointed out that it already exists.