Subject: [bug#48304] [PATCH] gnu: expat: Update via graft.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 17:33:05 +0200

merge 48304 48612
thanks

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> skriver:

> On Sun, May 09, 2021 at 04:37:39PM +0200, Leo Prikler wrote:
>> Indeed, the mail they dropped over at guix-devel made it seem as though
>> not being on 2.3.0 was a security risk already.  The ChangeLog does
>> mention some items worth fuzzing over.
>
> In general, all updates are security updates. But we shouldn't / can't
> update all core packages with grafts just because. Grafting is a kludge
> that doesn't always work as expected (and the problems are hidden), and
> it has a high I/O performance cost.
>
> So, let's wait for a security advisory.

I opened a similar discussion about the security fix in Expat 2.4.0
recently and am merging with this issue (which I had not seen):

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/48612