Subject: bug#48302: [PATCH] Abbreviate `find' properties in M-x rgrep on MS Windows

From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 13:07:42 -0700

On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 11:53 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, but could you also add a test for this issue to the test
> suite?

I see some grep-related tests in
`test/lisp/progmodes/compile-tests.el', but those only cover
`grep-regexp-alist', not `grep-mode-font-lock-keywords'. Testing
grep.el's font-lock didn't seem like it would belong in
`compile-tests.el', so I've added `test/lisp/progmodes/grep-tests.el'
and included a (very) simple test for find-abbreviation. It uses the
shell-quoting semantics of whatever the current system is; it would be
nice to test all shell-quoting styles in one test run, but I wasn't
sure how to do that. Still, if automated tests are run on multiple
platforms, this should (hopefully) catch any bugs.

My Elisp skills are fairly basic, so I may have made some mistakes
here. Just let me know what (if anything) needs improved for the
tests.