Subject: Re: bug#48301: 28.0.50; Dired asks if buffer "" should be deleted with ls flag -p

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 15:26:10 +0200

Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> writes:

> 1. emacs -Q
> 2. (setq dired-listing-switches "-Alhp") ;; the -p prints dirs as foo/,
>                                          ;; i.e., with trailing /.
> 3. M-x dired RET ~ RET
> 4. Visit directory ~/foobar in dired
> 5. Delete ~/foobar directory in dired
> 6. Dired asks: "Kill Dired buffer of , too?" where it should ask if the
>    buffer of foobar should be killed.
>
> The reason is that with the -p flag to ls which prints directories with
> trailing slash, `dired-clean-up-after-deletion' is called with filename
> FN "/home/foo/foobar/" and then (file-name-nondirectory
> "/home/foo/foobar/") returns "".

I'm unable to reproduce this bug in Emacs 28 -- I get no prompt at all
when deleting the foobar directory (when testing with "emacs -Q").  Are
there some missing steps here?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no