Subject: bug#48300: closed (Re: Emacs cursor theme is not inherited from the OS when using foreign Guix)

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 13:59:55 +0100

Am Donnerstag, dem 20.01.2022 um 09:29 -0300 schrieb Jorge P.de Morais
Neto:
> I have defined TZDIR on ~/.profile and so far it's working.  Let's
> see if it continues to work well.
> 
> And how will other users know how to fix the problem?  Will Guix's
> manual be updated?  There could also be a message in the Emacs
> package description.
By reading the manual (or cookbook).  Updating package descriptions
with a list of quirky annoyances on foreign distros is surely overkill.
We don't even put CVEs in there, instead describing those to ignore in
a property.

I'll write up an appropriate entry once I've figured out how I want to
word it.  However, I'd like to also state for the record, that a lack
of such is not really a bug in Guix.  Applications packaged in Guix not
only honour the environment variables they're supposed to honour, they
sometimes even have more of them.  The trouble comes from implicit
defaults being assumed (and therefore not set) by the foreign distro.

Cheers