Subject: bug#48300: Guix Emacs does not get "America/Sao_Paulo" timezone by name

From: Jorge P. de Morais Neto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2021 12:38:24 -0300

Hi Leo.

Em [2021-05-09 dom 01:56:56+0200], Leo Prikler escreveu:

> I'm not quite sure how tzdata works on foreign systems, but I'll assume
> Guix always takes the one itself has.  Using this, I don't find any
> America/Sao_Paolo, which would be the one you're looking for,

Actually the correct spelling is "America/Sao_Paulo".  On my Guix
installation it seems to be the file
    ${GUIX_PROFILE}/share/zoneinfo/America/Sao_Paulo

> but I do find Brazil/East, which gives the expected result.

Did you test in Guix System or, like me, in Guix Emacs atop a foreign
GNU distro?  In my case, "Brazil/East" also does not work.  I have tried
installing Guix package tzdata---both on my main profile which contains
emacs-next and on my ‘emacs’ profile which contains Emacs 27.2 for
testing---and rebooting my notebook, but the result is the same.

And I have just installed Emacs 27.1 on my Debian bullseye, and it
correctly gets both "Brazil/East" and "America/Sao_Paulo".

Regards

-- 
- <https://stallmansupport.org> "In Support of Richard Stallman"
- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback.
- <https://www.defectivebydesign.org>
- <https://www.gnu.org>