Subject: Dovecot <namespace-configuration> has two ‘location’ fields

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2021 15:02:06 +0200

I just noticed this compiler warning:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
gnu/services/mail.scm:431:0: warning: shadows previous definition of `%namespace-configuration-location-procedure' at gnu/services/mail.scm:431:0
<unknown-location>: warning: shadows previous definition of `namespace-configuration-location' at <unknown-location>
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I believe this comes from the fact that ‘define-configuration’
automatically introduces a ‘location’ field (for the source code
location of <namespace-configuration> instantiations), which clashes
with this one:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  (location
   (string "")
   "Physical location of the mailbox. This is in same format as
mail_location, which is also the default for it.")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I think this was revealed by the fix in commit
dd0826fbf345dfe7289cf943ed2d29edc51d543f.

Probably the only sane way to address it is by renaming the field above.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.