Subject: bug#48273: Icedove 78.10.0 build stuck at 'unpack' phase

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2021 15:59:38 -0400

Hi,

In your original bug report, you stated that the build was stuck in the
'unpack' phase of the 'icedove' package, and you attached a screenshot
showing that phase in-progress.

In this later followup message, you're stating something different: that
it's getting stuck in an earlier package build, namely while building
the 'icecat' source tarball.

Note that the 'icedove' package build cannot even begin until after the
'icecat' source tarball has been successfully built, so it seems that
you had a fully built 'icecat' source tarball on your system at some
point.

bo0od <[email-masked]> writes:

>  > Please try again with '--verbosity=3' [0] so that we can see what it's
>
> stuck here:
>
> "s|PACKAGES/icecat|PACKAGES/firefox|g;
> s/GNU Public/Mozilla Public/g;
> s/GNU Foundation/Mozilla Foundation/g;
> s/GNU Corporation/Mozilla Corporation/g;
> s/icecat\.com\>/firefox.com/g;
> s/IceCat-Spdy/Firefox-Spdy/g;
> s/icecat-accounts/firefox-accounts/g;
> s/IceCatAccounts/FirefoxAccounts/g;
> s|https://www\.mozilla\.org/icecat/?utm_source=synceol|https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/?utm_source=synceol|g;
>
> s|www\.gnu\.org/software/gnuzilla/icecat-help|libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:IceCat/Help|g;
> ' '{}' ';'"
>
> (check the uploaded logs, i have done 2 attempts of installing icedove 
> and both stopped at the same place)

This part of the process takes a long time, but at least on my Thinkpad
X200 system (Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 8 GB swap), it _does_ eventually
finish.

Did the build attempt fail on its own, or did you abort it?

      Thanks,
        Mark

-- 
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.