Subject: bug#48270: 27.1: Backtrace buffer behavior change

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 19:33:05 -0400

GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24,
cairo version 1.16.0) of 2021-03-27, modified by Debian

I just recently upgraded to this version of emacs, and find it quite
annoying that backtrace buffers are now being buried by default, and
with no clear indication how to revert to the prior in-my-face behavior.

The NEWS file says:

*** The Lisp Debugger is now based on 'backtrace-mode'.
Backtrace mode adds fontification and commands for changing the
appearance of backtrace frames.  See the node "(elisp) Backtraces" in
the Elisp manual for documentation of the new mode and its commands.

The reference to the info node has a typo (trailing s) and isn't
helpful.

NOTE: This may be related to other window management issues that I've
been having since the upgrade: Additional windows are now being created
when in the past they would be re-used, and windows are seemingly
randomly being marked dedicated (see separate future bug report).

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0