Subject: Re: bug#48269: 27.1: log-edit-generate-changelog-from-diff FAILURE

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 09:20:52 +0300

> Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 22:47:17 -0400
> From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Revving up \emacs -Q -nw ...
> Performing now C-x f on a pre-existing elisp file ...

You mean, "C-x C-f", I presume?

> Adding a few blank lines ...
> M-x log-edit-generate-changelog-from-diff
> 
> Yep. Same result as reported.

So the problem seems to be that the doc strings don't say the command
should be invoked from a *vc-log* buffer, is that right?  The user
manual explains that, so next time when the doc string is not enough,
may I suggest to try looking up the command/variable in the manual?

> You don't want me to check the docstrings with "\emacs -Q", do you?

Please don't mock people when they ask clarifying questions about your
bug reports.  It probably means there's some misunderstanding or lack
of information, and clearing that would help use fix the problems you
report.

Thanks.