Subject: Re: bug#48240: “guix copy” to host with daemon listening on TCP fails

From: Simon Streit <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 09:48:04 +0200

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
> Simon Streit <[email-masked]> skribis:
>> Anyway, back to this old commit offloading works for all users. 
>
> Is the socket file name displayed above correct?  Or did you specify
> something else in the <build-machine> record?

No, nothing that I'm aware about.  I haven't made any special changes. 
>
> Is the ‘GUIX_DAEMON_SOCKET’ environment variable defined on that
> machine?

No.
>
> How do you run guix-daemon on the head node?  The patches discussed here
> haven’t made it into the ‘guix’ package yet AFAIK.

That is a Guix system, where I've got an extra user with no extra group
permisions that takes the requests for offloading the clients make.
Thinking about it, the host isn't fully updated. Its current checkout
is, or was at the time of reporting to this issue:
407e0af6aa465479d08dafb125d06d50109f1822

Cheers!