Subject: “guix_ copy” to host with daemon listening on TCP fails

From: Simon Streit <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 10:43:26 +0200

Hello!

After reinstalling my system last night, I run into this problem too,
that I couldn't offload.

Then it was suggested I checkout to commit
dd14678b9b9843be20e2bbb98ceb30d2433dab82 and force downgrade my new
system.  While doing so, I noticed that guix-daemon would still offload,
while if I'd type in `guix offload test`, I'd get a response:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix offload: testing 1 build machines defined in '/etc/guix/machines.scm'...
guix offload: Guix is usable on 'host' (test returned "/gnu/store/883yjkl46dxw9mzykykmbs0yzwyxm17z-test")
guix offload: 'host' is running GNU Guile 3.0.5
guix offload: error: failed to connect over SSH to daemon at 'host', socket /var/guix/daemon-socket/socket
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Anyway, back to this old commit offloading works for all users. 

The commit with this broken behaviour is at:
87b4b0e4385149b40ee87ae2d57712679452746b.

Cheers
Simon