Subject: bug#48239: rust-1.19.0 build fails

From: Bone Baboon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 10:05:21 -0400

On a x86_64 computer when I run `guix build --no-substitutes --cores=1 rust` it fails during the build phase of rust-1.19.0.

The build log of rust-1.19.0 is attached.

`guix describe` outputs:

```
Generation 18   May 03 2021 13:15:55    (current)
  guix 065d2cd
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    commit: 065d2cd6ced96ddb38c15a46f798488f61660a33
```

The error message:

```
builder for `/gnu/store/0y39y7vnjcypnc3g0j1fci9xkg186qnp-rust-1.19.0.drv' failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/0y39y7vnjcypnc3g0j1fci9xkg186qnp-rust-1.19.0.drv failed
View build log at '/var/log/guix/drvs/0y/39y7vnjcypnc3g0j1fci9xkg186qnp-rust-1.19.0.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/zwqk3ilzckx7daq0hasfwbp7khph9f9d-rust-1.20.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/7phnak4l2fgbgwbc13066lx3fsmszsxv-rustc-1.21.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/m7hc0d7vf8bhrm4z586n84idwbv5fydl-rust-1.21.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/wkdjph18flyspdiq17db2b6isvx4xwr0-rustc-1.22.1-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/lyrj2n3xyr36ryb762lhkw7hxckizcny-rust-1.22.1.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/s5ylxqj197g8nw9aqga5hl19q5mhrv42-rustc-1.23.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/lm8z6al2a7dllisyri3lwkgn80r4r49a-rust-1.23.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/jcilf8mrk6kzdi20lgsmz3g4xl4iw6j5-rustc-1.24.1-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/cz391kmfr35bi4s85xi2rv4zz9rj4hcf-rust-1.24.1.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/4xngrg3k6dgiaq81a49a2rz8wcnwvdrz-rustc-1.25.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/v8dysz7ym50yh25w20l50il7rnnv0dir-rust-1.25.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/52ybm7q3f7cwakm1pz5w33ls2cxknidc-rustc-1.26.2-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/zifk7csjy1bsc1bsbl3c5icnh8sbkmcm-rust-1.26.2.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/z2ph48ca4kdfgz9283nb2sd63jwm0i1w-rustc-1.27.2-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/s3yfmqgj3vn3lmy0dlqpy6qvzkp8d0k5-rust-1.27.2.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/v1irclmcbhm4iv82pbcwl6g2nsxm6viy-rustc-1.28.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/3njr0x22kbx123xwh4afga3dkdm1pijq-rust-1.28.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/vjxjzwhw1l101lz6lb1kjk9xf4r29vj2-rustc-1.29.2-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/i7vgd09i95kbna1py0xslx5s9cd791hy-rust-1.29.2.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/r0y65j9649hhrnr2mykbx3ygh0d71f24-rustc-1.30.1-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/jcyn2rwiywj54jknc7gq2v4ljz6x1rbm-rust-1.30.1.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/47qjvlvkz52c4m968nma6vjldjn3m7js-rustc-1.31.1-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/34f7zsjy2qw0vdr6cpaia8yhj56sdns0-rust-1.31.1.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/ri5gw4pksiw5v4q7b4d0r86bljrczm9f-rustc-1.32.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/22m9cfn96z67fa6451rf4400nap5n258-rust-1.32.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/ns2cmaa8away5m72x34ny85340smqi25-rustc-1.33.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/mdkxr60f60ldfmz7wxdjj072qdl0gn1n-rust-1.33.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/v2622arxvqm96cm5460rh96jk785z9m3-rustc-1.34.1-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/kqiy0p1084xghwhv59g0yyzhjja8z6m6-rust-1.34.1.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/pqz77bf7crv5c3yfl8ccfc4iy0h0x7hp-rustc-1.35.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/nz8qdmzk41mw6gbwan0aai1klnm7yxvz-rust-1.35.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/q4fbfsxawvmyc74gzh7afjir1plmp06h-rustc-1.36.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/0x5s3s83wvn96qr692ln9fh4xz22dr77-rust-1.36.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/j2sjb4791rk3x13zmpx40vv4vjv0iyik-rustc-1.37.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/x8q1naqvk5kmyg551zfmqq26hw5hnyrz-rust-1.37.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/g3lym8f27xrmd747zqaqdc44myhp6276-rustc-1.38.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/pmnhva027xdxh80s44dqw5djlajp575k-rust-1.38.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/c4xn6qnp282wziwpizc9p79rr56k62dm-rustc-1.39.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/asq42rd9vgdzfaza65574y0c9wr0sc8l-rust-1.39.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/1qabnflwjr4i2nzjacr15x4l0l1siacy-rustc-1.40.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/9i23lgmj5h2l8af2qv2qm0cyxcav5ggv-rust-1.40.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/159w3ny6qm67zamxmc60ph93m6hydvlc-rustc-1.41.1-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/dvw1hiqkmnzhcind2svr305jnxbjx19g-rust-1.41.1.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/y0bawnwasvy87pp5514kzsyn0cvm4y77-rustc-1.42.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/37rzaijk6x75fqdxx0ifm2bb3sikvyxs-rust-1.42.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/iv1wlrydzyd9bp6g0q4gcz2vcwyds8qi-rustc-1.43.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/pc87nxz86kmmq1zc3bcay0gbhnv521k1-rust-1.43.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/ixs8fs0zh7w6pjb9v78pslzsnrgd58r9-rustc-1.44.1-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/21jvg5y0paq3xbwjpjq9zv1xd6qhd0ii-rust-1.44.1.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/fnx7s4l000nsjzrdmmx4gs8fhsjmfq09-rustc-1.45.2-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/bs900103rn6b3n9rgbhk5gkrcp7ff81v-rust-1.45.2.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/a2pcsi5jvfzqadc6mdfi5187b88ip9ji-rustc-1.46.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/7yzcbdi423h2x5lb5bhp7mv6v0v07xbv-rust-1.46.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/balpndimpaffj3bv2c4m70axa0djwgcg-rustc-1.47.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/p8qx13x0gqlvf1laj8qgmfdvs1ihm9yn-rust-1.47.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/b7ld6fj67rz1kcvwvbfkri7545bgy1z2-rustc-1.48.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/6fx9sk5i20dpidbxlc4rc90l4mwfykjf-rust-1.48.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/36q02kw9bbi0vrgncw5jx8ibwqdkzbhm-rustc-1.49.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/dsl344gpyyn0d9lhrh4jd2lvvf28js90-rust-1.49.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
building /gnu/store/96nlaf0vflnzkwnqsy19ax2kjmra01yw-rustc-1.50.0-src.tar.gz.drv...
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/k46xcizqj8wh7dh9118s27zjfphh8v6l-rust-1.50.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/xzr534n5fcl7k2aryvpkvyvvdn7ybcqy-rust-1.51.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix build: error: build of `/gnu/store/xzr534n5fcl7k2aryvpkvyvvdn7ybcqy-rust-1.51.0.drv' failed
```