Subject: [bug#48237] [PATCH] gnu: emacs-consult: Add ‘emacs-ve

From: Xinglu Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 16:23:46 +0200

On Wed, May 05 2021, Leo Prikler wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 05.05.2021, 15:26 +0200 schrieb Xinglu Chen:
>> emacs-vertico is an optional dependency so maybe there is a better
>> way
>> deal with this.  Splitting the package into multiple outputs might be
>> a
>> better idea, but I don’t know how we would do that.
> This is certainly an interesting question.  With other Emacs packages,
> there is sometimes a contrib version, that adds "more", see e.g. org-
> mode or telega.  But those are tied closely to what upstream considers
> contrib, so I don't think that applies here.

Yeah, Org has a separate contrib/ directory.

> IIUC selectrum is likewise optional.  Perhaps we should consider not
> propagating optional inputs, but rather adding them as normal inputs –
> so that byte compilation succeeds, but users won't be forced to have a
> rather large elisp library as part of their profiles if it's not
> needed.

I think this might be the best option.