Subject: Re: bug#48223: EXWM knows nothing about Guix profiles

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 21:15:17 +0200

Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

Hello Leo,

> I just recently helped someone debug an issue they encountered when
> using EXWM.  It turned out their EMACSLOADPATH was set to
> "/run/current-system/profile/share/emacs/site-
> lisp:/gnu/store/1zszglsxl4zxy9alcwxjwj26d30qmyv9-emacs-
> 27.2/share/emacs/27.2/lisp" – quite notably, "$HOME/share/emacs/site-
> lisp" was missing.

Wow, I just hit this problem too.  Your message helped me finding the
problem right away.  My system which includes EXWM was still at
emacs-27.1, while I upgraded my profile to emacs-27.2.

> I think the launcher that we install in the install-xsession does not
> do sufficient work to set up the environment variables of the session
> appropriately.  In particular, I think it should source /etc/profile
> prior to running Emacs.
>
> WDYT?

I think this is a very good idea.

Greetings,
Janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com