Subject: Re: bug#48223: EXWM knows nothing about Guix profiles

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2021 10:56:15 +0200

> Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

Hello again,

>> I think the launcher that we install in the install-xsession does not
>> do sufficient work to set up the environment variables of the session
>> appropriately.  In particular, I think it should source /etc/profile
>> prior to running Emacs.
>>
>> WDYT?
>
> I think this is a very good idea.

To follow-up on this: at first glance sourcing /etc/profile seemed to
fix my problem.  However, I am calling some scripts from Emacs that need
my ~/.bash_profile to be sourced too.

So this got me wondering, something has definately changed here.
Before, this used to work OOTB.  Any ideas what may have changed?

BTW, I only tested with slim

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(service slim-service-type
  (slim-configuration
   (auto-login? #t)
   (allow-empty-passwords? #t)
   (default-user "janneke")
   ;;(auto-login-session (file-append emacs-exwm "/bin/exwm"))
   (auto-login-session "/home/janneke/bin/exwm")
   (xorg-configuration
    (xorg-configuration
     (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout)
     (server-arguments '("-listen" "tcp"))))))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

and now use the attached exwm, which works OK for me.

Greetings,
Janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com