Subject: bug#4822: run-python in progmodes/python.el hardcodes interpreter args

From: Ole Laursen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:30:11 +0100

Hi!

python.el hardcodes the arguments passed to the Python shell in
run-python on line 1555.

Suggested fix: use python-which-args which is defined in python.el
(without documentation by the way).

My problem: I'm trying to make the built-in Python repl work with
Django (Ruby on Rails clone that's very popular in the Python
community). With Django, you can get a shell by running

python manage.py shell

in the root of a project. It does some magic to setup things
correctly. So I've written a small snippet to locate the manage.py
file and use the above command if found, but this is completely
defeated because run-python insists on appending -i which the
manage.py script doesn't recognize.

-- 
Ole Laursen
http://www.iola.dk/