Subject: bug#48179: bookmark-fontify [PATCH]

From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 17:39:43 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> It's not *my* emacs. I only have access to debian emacs locally; the
>> data I gave you was from the URL I had for the on-line cgit repository
>> for emacs, at gnu.org. Here's a second patch, based upon hopefully the
>> most current URL, and with the additional jump code.
>
> Thanks; applied to Emacs 28 without any problems.

Just a quick warning: Org contains two features called "capture" and
"refile".  "Capturing" adds notes or tasks to an Org buffer from other
Emacs buffers.  "Refiling" moves a Org headline under another one,
either in the current Org buffer or in another (declared) Org file.

With this change, the Org refiled/captured headlines get fontified and
it might surprise many users until they find out that fontification is
related to this bookmark feature.

There is also dired and, of course, normal bookmarked files: I guess
some users may be really confused--at least those who don't know to
M-x customize-face RET at point to guess what this is all about.

What do you think?  Shall we turn bookmark-fontify off by default?

I for one do like the feature and customized bookmark-face to suit
my needs, but I wonder about others.

-- 
 Bastien