Subject: bug#48179: bookmark-fontify [PATCH]

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 11:19:52 +0200

Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:

> I thought I did base the patch on yesterday's gnu.org cgit version...
> Here's what the on-line log is showing me...
>
>    Age                  Commit message (Expand)                    Author       Files Lines
> 2020-09-07 Use format-prompt in read-file-name calls that     Lars Ingebrigtsen 1     -3/+3
>            have a default

There's been half a dozen commits to bookmark.el after that one, so I
think your Emacs is out of date.  The latest is

commit f5b172fb6e41e9bf75acd1fd94325a13d75987bf
Author:     Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
AuthorDate: Mon Feb 15 00:43:15 2021 +0100

>> Also -- it's slightly obscure what it's doing, but testing seems to
>> indicate that it just puts a face over the current line when you're
>> doing a `C-x r m' command?
>
> Just. Yes, that is the entire point: "colorize a bookmark's line".

It wasn't clear to me what that meant -- colourise the line in the
bookmark buffer?  Or somewhere else.

> Yes. If someone deletes the buffer after creating the bookmark, the
> overlay will be lost. What you're asking for is a simple two or three
> lines to add to the jump function, but there's no sense if you can't
> even apply the current patch. If you can figure out what the problem is
> with that, I can add the trivial code for the jump.

Great.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no