Subject: bug#48179: bookmark-fontify [PATCH]

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 09:54:16 +0200

Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:

> The attached patch adds a feature to bookmark.el to colorize a
> bookmark's line, making it easily observable. The idea was adopted from
> package bm.el, available on MELPA. I was able to test this on Emacs 27,
> but there seem to have been some changes in snapshot to make it
> difficult to use that version of bookmark.el on my Emacs 27, so please
> verify that I performed the migration properly.

The patch is against Emacs 27, I guess?  (Because it didn't apply
cleanly on Emacs 28.)  We're not accepting new features for Emacs 27,
though, so can you respin it for Emacs 28?

Also -- it's slightly obscure what it's doing, but testing seems to
indicate that it just puts a face over the current line when you're
doing a `C-x r m' command?  That's nice, but I think it would also make
sense to restore these faces when jumping to a buffer from the bookmark
buffer -- otherwise it's just a bit confusing.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no