Subject: bug#48179: bookmark-fontify [PATCH]

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2021 14:52:49 +0100

>>>>> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

    > Colin Baxter <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> I can't agree they overlap - bm-bookmark allows multiply
    >> bookmarks in one file. I don't believe that that can be done via
    >> the built-in bookmark.

    > I may be misunderstanding something, but setting multiple
    > bookmarks in the same file works without problems with the
    > built-in bookmark.el, as far as I can tell?  (You just have to
    > give the bookmarks different names.)

That's true, but, as you wrote, the user has to come up new names. This
is done automatically in bm-bookmarks, which inserts the corresponding
line as the name. The disadvantage is that bm-bookmarks can't easily
bookmark blank lines.

It seems to me that all the bookmarks, bm, built-in (including
emacs-28), bookmark+, have disadvantages. Personally, I would use
bookmark+ if were not for the fact that it writes unprompted to ~/.emacs.

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter.