Subject: Re: bug#48179: bookmark-fontify [PATCH]

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 20:41:36 +0100

Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 2021-05-06 19:52, Basil L. Contovounesios wrote:
>> I wouldn't worry, since I only set out to fix a couple of typos - I
>> don't intend to work on bookmark.el any time soon.
>
> Not what you did.

No, that's exactly what I did: I set out to fix a couple of typos.

Once I'd set out to do that, I noticed that the new bookmark-face was
using an old-fashioned face spec syntax and two docstrings referenced
'defcustom' without quoting it where the English phrase "user option" is
more commonly used.

While there, I noticed that bookmark--fontify could use 1+ and
bookmark--unfontify could use dolist, to make it clearer to the next
reader what that loop is doing, and when it will terminate.

Just like the log message promises:

; Fix and simplify last change in bookmark.el.
7d0067f297 2021-05-04 10:54:24 +0100
https://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=7d0067f297b131c98a5198eb52d49891a83ac5aa

-- 
Basil