Subject: Re: bug#48179: bookmark-fontify [PATCH]

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 19:53:18 +0100

Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 2021-05-06 10:58, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>> Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> > 5) Throughout my prior patches, I had been using variable
>> >    'buffer-file-name' to compare against the value for the 'filename'
>> >    key in bookmarks' alists. That is wrong, in the sense that it's only
>> >    correct for buffers visiting files. The correct comparator seems to
>> >    be the output of function (bookmark-buffer-file-name), see there,
>> >    which will cover all cases of all buffers. With that change, it's
>> >    probably wrong to perform 'expand-file-name' when performing any
>> >    comparison.
>>
>> Right.  Can you submit a patch to fix that?
>
> Basil has taken the lead on this,

He's not taken the lead on this, he's just a very naughty boy.

> and I'm waiting on a response from him
> with his integration patch before continuing.

??? :)

> Once that happens, I'll suggest to him that patch and one or two other
> ideas (eg. a setting change should be respected immediately across all
> buffers, so it should be controlled by a toggle or -mode command;
> popping a bookmark should fontify the pop).

I suggest that you suggest all of that to this list instead ;).

-- 
Basil