Subject: Re: bug#48179: bookmark-fontify [PATCH]

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 06:38:35 -0400

On 2021-05-06 10:58, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > 5) Throughout my prior patches, I had been using variable
> >    'buffer-file-name' to compare against the value for the 'filename'
> >    key in bookmarks' alists. That is wrong, in the sense that it's only
> >    correct for buffers visiting files. The correct comparator seems to
> >    be the output of function (bookmark-buffer-file-name), see there,
> >    which will cover all cases of all buffers. With that change, it's
> >    probably wrong to perform 'expand-file-name' when performing any
> >    comparison.
>
> Right.  Can you submit a patch to fix that?

Basil has taken the lead on this, and I'm waiting on a response from him
with his integration patch before continuing. Once that happens, I'll
suggest to him that patch and one or two other ideas (eg. a setting change
should be respected immediately across all buffers, so it should be
controlled by a toggle or -mode command; popping a bookmark should
fontify the pop).

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0