Subject: Re: bug#48173: [PATCH] maint: Do not xz-compress ISO images.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 23:35:25 -0400

Hi,

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>>In what sense does it break the string freeze?
>>
>>I understand translations would appear as below 100% on Weblate, but I
>>checked guix.{fr,es,de}.info and they all read well after this change.
>>
>>Am I missing something?
>
> po4a is not that intelligent. The result will be either the old
> translated string, or the new English string.
>
> But it's fine. We already have a similar change on version-1.3.0, so
> go ahead and push this, I'll take care of weblate :)

I've pushed this to version-1.3.0, along a slightly edited version of a
a diff Julien shared earlier that fixed an issue with building the doc
after recent changes.

Thank you both!

Closing.

Maxim