Subject: [bug#48173] [PATCH] maint: Do not xz-compress ISO images.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 17:39:03 +0200

Hi Julien,

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> --- a/doc/guix.texi
>> +++ b/doc/guix.texi
>> @@ -2099,7 +2099,7 @@ about their support in GNU/Linux.
>>  
>>  An ISO-9660 installation image that can be written to a USB stick or
>>  burnt to a DVD can be downloaded from
>> -@indicateurl{@value{BASE-URL}/guix-system-install-@value{VERSION}.x86_64-linux.iso.xz},
>> +@indicateurl{@value{BASE-URL}/guix-system-install-@value{VERSION}.x86_64-linux.iso},
>>  where you can replace @code{x86_64-linux} with one of:
>
> Sorry, this actually breaks string freeze. Now for something like this,
> we could grant an exception? It's not like it's too hard to fix, even
> manually and even if you don't know the language :)

In what sense does it break the string freeze?

I understand translations would appear as below 100% on Weblate, but I
checked guix.{fr,es,de}.info and they all read well after this change.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for commenting!

Ludo’.