Subject: bug#48160: closed (Mumi renders huge messages)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 21:46:03 +0000

Your bug report

#48160: Mumi renders huge messages

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
48160: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=48160
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Mumi renders huge messages
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 22:43:56 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is now fixed with mumi commit
ca4d83865943f2851b07deaf34b026705c46dd41.

The problem here was that the attachment did not come with a
content-disposition header reporting the size of the attachment.  As a
fall back mumi now also looks at the actual size of the message when
determining whether to hide a multipart message part.

-- 
Ricardo

Subject: Mumi renders huge messages
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: Bug Guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 15:54:01 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

...when it should probably give up sooner, clearly indicate 
truncation, and point users to the raw view.

<http://issues.guix.gnu.org/48151> is a >9 MiB mail.  The rendered 
HTML is >11 MiB.  Apart from being A Bit Much to send to clients, 
I get 504s most of the time.  It succeeded once.

Mailman's message limits are of no use here: it sits later in the 
chain.

Kind regards,

T G-R