Subject: Re: bug#48153: 28.0.50; minor mode keymaps should not override keymap given to read-from-minibuffer

From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 16:36:49 +0000

>
> The minor mode is exactly the same as what you have in your previous 
> email. What actually happens in my regular setup is the key bindings in 
> multiple minor modes override the key map given to read-from-minibuffer. 
> The problem is I don't want to turn off those minor mode as they used to 
> work in the minibuffer in emacs 27 as intended, but not so in emacs 28.
>

The problem is that, with the test-mode in my previous mail, I cannot 
reproduce the issue.

>
> One mode is smartparens and another is move-dup.
>

But neither of these minor modes override C-k, which you mentioned in your 
original bug report?

I tried move-dup, and its four bindings do not override the corresponding 
bindings in the minibuffer, with or without ido-mode.

So I still cannot see the issue you see...