Subject: bug#48152: closed (Re: bug#48152: no code for module (json) on guix upgrade)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 18:52:01 +0000

Your bug report

#48152: no code for module (json) on guix upgrade

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
48152: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=48152
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#48152: no code for module (json) on guix upgrade
From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
To: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Cc: Nathan Dehnel <[email-masked]>, Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 14:51:29 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Leo,

Thanks for pinging me.

Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Sonntag, den 02.05.2021, 19:03 +0200 schrieb Mathieu Othacehe:
>> Hello,
>> 
>> > I found this stops being an issue after reverting
>> > 66b14dccdd0d83c875ce3a8d50ceab8b6f0a3ce2.
>> > @Timothy do you know how we can get guile-json in there for SWH?
>> 
>> I think this is fixed with d2b5bb5f9de8dc1a51260e17cd91c3039070a7f2
>> to
>> fd5527407ff336c4af1c5511e19c0956720cd7aa. Could you please confirm?
>> 
> Thanks for your quick work.  At least hg-download seems to work and I'm
> currently building linux-libre, which relies on regular download.  I
> also tested git, which probably already had this.  Can someone test the
> others?

I can confirm that ‘cvs-fetch’ and ‘android-repo-fetch’ work, too.  The
‘bzr-fetch’ and ‘svn-fetch’ systems do not pull in ‘(guix build
download)’, so they should be fine (and indeed, they work when I test
them).

Thanks Mathieu!

-- Tim

Subject: no code for module (json) on guix upgrade
From: Nathan Dehnel <[email-masked]>
To: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 21:17:47 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

bzip2 -dkc
/var/log/guix/drvs/00/1p94i7q8kks3pngjah0b2v4fzl3npr-module-import-compiled.drv.bz2
[ 1/26] Loading './guix/base16.scm'...
[ 2/26] Loading './guix/base64.scm'...
[ 3/26] Loading './guix/build/download-nar.scm'...
[ 4/26] Loading './guix/build/download.scm'...
[ 5/26] Loading './guix/build/hg.scm'...
[ 6/26] Loading './guix/build/syscalls.scm'...
[ 7/26] Loading './guix/build/utils.scm'...
[ 8/26] Loading './guix/combinators.scm'...
[ 9/26] Loading './guix/ftp-client.scm'...
[10/26] Loading './guix/progress.scm'...
[11/26] Loading './guix/records.scm'...
[12/26] Loading './guix/serialization.scm'...
[13/26] Loading './guix/swh.scm'...
;;; Failed to autoload swh-download-directory in (guix swh):
;;; no code for module (json)
Backtrace:
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   460:18 19 (fold #<procedure 7ffff4c778e0 at ice-9/eval.scm:336:1?> ?)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8 18 (_ #(#(#<directory (guix build utils) 7ffff5194d20>) # ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   2806:4 17 (save-module-excursion #<procedure 7ffff49dc6e0 at ice-?>)
In unknown file:
          16 (primitive-load "./guix/swh.scm")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   721:20 15 (primitive-eval (define-module (guix swh) #:use-module ?))
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
  1241:36 14 (expand-top-sequence ((define-module (guix swh) # # ?)) ?)
  1233:19 13 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # ?)) ?)
   285:10 12 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) (()) _ c&e (eval) ?)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   293:34 11 (_ #<directory (guix build utils) 7ffff5194d20>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   3380:4 10 (define-module* _ #:filename _ #:pure _ #:version _ # _ ?)
  2565:24  9 (call-with-deferred-observers #<procedure 7ffff4c670f0 ?>)
  3393:24  8 (_)
   222:29  7 (map1 (((guix base16)) ((guix build utils)) ((# ?) ?) ?))
   222:29  6 (map1 (((guix build utils)) ((guix build syscalls) ?) ?))
   222:29  5 (map1 (((guix build syscalls) #:select (mkdtemp!)) (#) ?))
   222:29  4 (map1 (((web uri)) ((web client)) ((web response)) (#) ?))
   222:29  3 (map1 (((web client)) ((web response)) ((json)) ((?)) ?))
   222:29  2 (map1 (((web response)) ((json)) ((srfi srfi-1)) ((?)) ?))
   222:17  1 (map1 (((json)) ((srfi srfi-1)) ((srfi srfi-9)) ((?)) ?))
   3300:6  0 (resolve-interface (json) #:select _ #:hide _ #:prefix _ ?)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:3300:6: In procedure resolve-interface:
no code for module (json)