Subject: bug#48148: 27.2; ox-ascii breaks TITLE line wrongly when 2 width char is used

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 14:18:24 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm not sure what kind of example is necessary.  How about if you ask
> specific questions about the arguments of that function which you
> don't understand clearly how to use?

Fair enough. However, i don't think my misunderstanding is related to
arguments of that function.

>> AFAIU, `window-text-pixel-size' returns the size of the window
>
> No, it returns the size of _text_ when displayed in a window.

True. 

My problem is that I have some string, _which is not displayed anywhere_
yet. I need to obtain its real width along with the width of a single
character in order to compute the length argument in `make-string'.

I may be missing something obvious.

> I didn't mean text-width, I meant the use of string-width: it should
> be replaced by a call to window-text-pixel-size.

`string-width' applies to a string. `window-text-pixel-size' doesn't.
This is the root of my misunderstanding, I guess.

Regards,