Subject: bug#49760: closed (Re: bug#59047: 29.0.50; [PATCH] dired-hide-subdir breaks dired-hide-details-mode)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 07:05:02 +0000

Your bug report

#48147: 28.0.50; Dired inserted subdir ignores dired-hide-details-mode  after hiding and unhiding

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
48147: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=48147
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#59047: 29.0.50; [PATCH] dired-hide-subdir breaks dired-hide-details-mode
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 09:04:22 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Gabriel <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 18:48:59 -0300
> 
> Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:
> >
> > Thanks for that.
> >
> > Does your patch also fix Bug#48147: 27.2; "dired-hide-details-mode does
> > not work properly with dired-subdirs" (seems so...)?  Can you confirm
> > that your patch is the correct fix also for that very similar bug?
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Michael.
> 
> Hi Michael,
> 
> Thank you for your message. This bug looks exactly the same I reported
> in this thread. I did some tests and confirm that the patch fixes the
> original issue. Perhaps we can remove the `FIXME` note in
> `dired--unhide`?

Done.

I'm also closing bug#48147.

Thanks.

Subject: 28.0.50; Dired inserted subdir ignores dired-hide-details-mode after hiding and unhiding
From: Sean Devlin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 15:25:02 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi folks,

In dired buffers, inserted subdirectories do not respect
dired-hide-details-mode after they have been hidden and unhidden.

Reproduction steps for 'emacs -Q':

1. Open a directory using dired. (To make the bug more obvious, it's
best to choose a subdirectory that is not empty.)

2. Move the point to a subdirectory's name and press 'i' to insert a
listing of that subdirectory at the bottom of the buffer.

3. Press '(' to enable dired-hide-details-mode. Observe that the details
from both the main directory and the subdirectory listing are
hidden. (You can toggle the mode a few more times here to verify it
works correctly to hide and show the details of both listings.)

4. Move the point down to the subdirectory listing and press '$' to hide
the listing.

5. Press '$' again to unhide the subdirectory listing. Observe that the
listing now shows the full details for the directory.

6. Toggle dired-hide-details-mode a few times and verify that it no
longer affects the listing for the subdirectory.

Workaround: press 'g' to revert the buffer and verify that the
subdirectory respects dired-hide-details-mode again.

Thanks!

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50
Repository revision: 794ec934a76d0647a72b7be32e20dc5b95e5ec11
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple'
System Description:  macOS

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/brew/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GNUTLS JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG
THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  dired-hide-details-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map
text-property-search time-date subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired-aux cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired
dired-loaddefs iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 57990 9212)
(symbols 48 6662 1)
(strings 32 19018 1628)
(string-bytes 1 629285)
(vectors 16 13872)
(vector-slots 8 187413 8579)
(floats 8 21 44)
(intervals 56 765 0)
(buffers 992 12))