Subject: bug#48136: 28.0.50; [feature/pgtk] ISO_Level5_Shift broken

From: "Elia Nolz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2021 11:34:42 +0200

- Use pgtk feature branch GNU Emacs 
- Use a keyboard layout that utilizes ISO_Level5_Shift (e.g. neoqwertz, bone, …) 
- Launch with `emacs -Q`
- Try to use ISO_Level5_Shift to access arrow keys or other shifted key
- `H-<down> is undefined` appears in echo area instead of sending down 
arrow and invoking `next-line` (This works in GNU Emacs without pgtk) 

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.27, cairo version 1.16.0) 
Repository revision: 8b51761dfda1c85c1e0b2344b005bb435117937a 
Repository branch: master 
Windowing system distributor 'System Description: NixOS 21.05 (Okapi) 

Configured using: 
'configure 
--prefix=/nix/store/nkq5x0gbzjalnq7xq78abfsaxfg00yx7-emacs-pgtkgcc-20210425.0 
--disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 
--with-cairo --with-native-compilation --with-pgtk' 

Configured features: 
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON 
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY 
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM 
GTK3 ZLIB 

Important settings: 
value of $LC_CTYPE: zh_CN.UTF-8 
value of $LC_TIME: en_DK.UTF-8 
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8 
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix 

Major mode: Lisp Interaction 

Minor modes in effect: 
tooltip-mode: t 
global-eldoc-mode: t 
eldoc-mode: t 
electric-indent-mode: t 
mouse-wheel-mode: t 
tool-bar-mode: t 
menu-bar-mode: t 
file-name-shadow-mode: t 
global-font-lock-mode: t 
font-lock-mode: t 
blink-cursor-mode: t 
auto-composition-mode: t 
auto-encryption-mode: t 
auto-compression-mode: t 
line-number-mode: t 
transient-mark-mode: t 

Load-path shadows: 
None found. 

Features: 
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs 
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail 
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs 
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date 
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies 
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs 
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils 
china-util iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook 
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win 
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace 
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page 
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar 
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame 
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese 
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek 
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese 
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help 
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces 
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable 
backquote threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting 
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit pgtk multi-tty 
make-network-process nativecomp emacs) 

Memory information: 
((conses 16 67501 7027) 
(symbols 48 6638 0) 
(strings 32 19211 1528) 
(string-bytes 1 687662) 
(vectors 16 13850) 
(vector-slots 8 339430 10291) 
(floats 8 22 31) 
(intervals 56 205 0) 
(buffers 992 10))