Subject: Re: bug#48134: [External] : bug#48134: When sitting on top of a M-x item in the manual

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2021 17:35:50 +0300

> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 14:01:26 +0000
> 
> > Do (info "(emacs) Colors")
> > Now put the cursor on top of ‘M-x list-colors-display’
> > and hope emacs realizes it... but it doesn't so we end up typing...
> 
> Icicles provides a trivial remedy for this, which
> isn't really connected with completion or anything
> particular to do with Icicles (except that it helps):

How is this and the following text relevant to the bug report?  If you
want to suggest that a similar implementation be included in Emacs, it
is enough to mention the existence of the solution.  You could also
describe your proposed implementation, while you are at that, as that
gives ideas for our internal implementation.

But quoting a long documentation string adds nothing to the bug
report, and looks like a shameless plug to me.  It also makes the bug
report harder to read.  Please don't clutter the bug tracker with such
useless information.