Subject: 28.0.50; [native-comp] time-to-days throws wrong-number-of-arguments error

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2021 09:47:35 +0800

I just got the following error trying to run native-compiled time-to-days:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments (lambda (&optional time) (funcall #<subr decode-time> (or time G167))) 3)
  (decode-time (22352 22528) nil nil)
  (time-to-days (22352 22528))

Re-evaluating defun of time-to-days fixes the error.

Best,
Ihor

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-04-30 built on localhost
Repository revision: fa65c044f2ebe666467166075c1507a8d0e1347f
Repository branch: feature/native-comp
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Gentoo/Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-silent-rules
 --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-28.0.9999
 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-28.0.9999/html --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --program-suffix=-emacs-28-vcs --includedir=/usr/include/emacs-28-vcs
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-28-vcs --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-install --without-hesiod --without-pop
 --with-file-notification=inotify --with-pdumper --enable-acl
 --with-dbus --with-modules --without-gameuser --with-libgmp
 --without-gpm --with-json --without-kerberos --without-kerberos5
 --without-lcms2 --with-xml2 --without-mailutils
 --with-native-compilation --with-selinux --with-gnutls
 --without-libsystemd --with-threads --with-wide-int --with-zlib
 --with-sound=oss --with-x --without-ns --without-gconf
 --without-gsettings --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-gif
 --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm
 --with-imagemagick --with-xft --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz
 --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --with-x-toolkit=no
 --with-dumping=pdumper 'CFLAGS=-march=native -pipe -O2' CPPFLAGS=
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ IMAGEMAGICK JPEG
JSON LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY OLDXMENU
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF X11 XDBE XIM XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Memory information:
((conses 16 2803364 652253)
 (symbols 48 82982 8)
 (strings 32 394883 248801)
 (string-bytes 1 13653046)
 (vectors 16 187919)
 (vector-slots 8 4341859 573177)
 (floats 8 17548 3388)
 (intervals 56 124000 2648)
 (buffers 992 103))