Subject: Re: bug#48133: 28.0.50; [native-comp] time-to-days throws wrong-number-of-arguments error

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2021 15:11:36 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I cannot reproduce this.  When was your time-date.el
> natively-compiled?

It was compiled during emacs installation (I am on Gentoo):

/usr/lib64/emacs/28.0.50/native-lisp/28.0.50-7ff4cc51:
  -rw-r--r--. 1  46K May  1 11:19 time-date-40951a48-0eafe94e.eln

I am not sure if it is important, but the problem appears in one of
org-mode tests. I just ran =make test= on current Org mode master.

> What happens if you delete the .eln file and
> recompile it?

I deleted the file and restarted emacs -Q. The new eln file is in 

/home/yantar92/.emacs.d/eln-cache/28.0.50-7ff4cc51:
-rwxr-xr-x. 1  59K May  1 14:58 time-date-40951a48-0eafe94e.eln

The problem persist. I also tried to delete all the org eln files in my
local .emacs.d as well as system-wide eln files generated during Emacs
installation. It did not help.

The full backtrace:

decode-time((22352 22528) nil nil)
  time-to-days((22352 22528))
  org-time-stamp-to-now("2016-06-03 Fri")
  org-deadline-close-p("2016-06-03 Fri" 0)
  apply(org-deadline-close-p ("2016-06-03 Fri" 0))
  (setq value-13032 (apply fn-13030 args-13031))
  (unwind-protect (setq value-13032 (apply fn-13030 args-13031)) (setq
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-13032 (apply fn-13030 args-13031)) (
  (let (form-description-13034) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-13032 
  (let ((value-13032 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-13033)) (let (form-d
  (let* ((fn-13030 #'org-deadline-close-p) (args-13031 (condition-case
  (progn (org-mode) (let ((point (string-match "<point>" inside-text))
  (unwind-protect (progn (org-mode) (let ((point (string-match "<point
  (save-current-buffer (set-buffer temp-buffer) (unwind-protect (progn
  (let ((temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *temp*" t))) (save-current
  (let ((inside-text (if (stringp "* Heading") "* Heading" (eval "* He
  (progn (fset 'time-subtract vnew) (fset 'time-less-p vnew) (fset 'ti
  (unwind-protect (progn (fset 'time-subtract vnew) (fset 'time-less-p
  (let* ((vnew #'(lambda nil G89)) (vnew #'(lambda (&optional time &re
  (let* ((G88 "2016-06-03 Fri 01:43") (G89 (if (stringp G88) (apply #'
  (lambda nil (let* ((G88 "2016-06-03 Fri 01:43") (G89 (if (stringp G8
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name test-org/deadline-close-p :documentat
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector "\\(org\\|ob\\)" :test
  ert-run-tests("\\(org\\|ob\\)" #f(compiled-function (event-type &res
  ert-run-tests-batch("\\(org\\|ob\\)")
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit("\\(org\\|ob\\)")
  (let ((org-id-track-globally t) (org-test-selector (if org-test-sele
  org-test-run-batch-tests("\\(org\\|ob\\)")
  command-line-1(("--eval" "(setq vc-handled-backends nil org-startup-
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()

Best,
Ihor