Subject: bug#48123: closed (Re: bug#48123: 28.0.50; emacs-26.1-147099-gab7a61e0ef fails to build)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 15:01:02 +0000

Your bug report

#48123: 28.0.50; emacs-26.1-147099-gab7a61e0ef fails to build

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
48123: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=48123
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#48123: 28.0.50; emacs-26.1-147099-gab7a61e0ef fails to build
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Horst von Brand <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 18:00:12 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 10:19:18 -0400 (CLT)
> From: Horst von Brand <[email-masked]>
> 
> I grabbed the latest git version, did a `make clean`. The configuration is as stated below for this (older) version. Then `make` fails:
> ```
> make[2]: Entering directory '/home/vonbrand/tmp/emacs/lisp'
>   ELC      textmodes/makeinfo.elc
> 
> In toplevel form:
> textmodes/makeinfo.el:71:1: Error: Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, texinfo-loaddefs
> make[2]: *** [Makefile:301: textmodes/makeinfo.elc] Error 1
> ```

Either "make bootstrap" or "make -C lisp autoloads-force", then try
again.

Subject: 28.0.50; emacs-26.1-147099-gab7a61e0ef fails to build
From: Horst von Brand <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 10:19:18 -0400 (CLT)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I grabbed the latest git version, did a `make clean`. The configuration is as stated below for this (older) version. Then `make` fails:
```
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/vonbrand/tmp/emacs/lisp'
  ELC      textmodes/makeinfo.elc

In toplevel form:
textmodes/makeinfo.el:71:1: Error: Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, texinfo-loaddefs
make[2]: *** [Makefile:301: textmodes/makeinfo.elc] Error 1
```

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 149, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.29, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-04-27 built on localhost.localdomain
Repository revision: d55d5358b27dee15ebbd998131d22b221f5f4964
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101001
System Description: Fedora 34 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/vonbrand'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mh-mime mh-identity mh-tool-bar mh-letter mh-show goto-addr
thingatpt gnus-cite gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-win gnus-range gnus nnheader wid-edit mh-xface mh-utils mh-comp
mh-scan mh-gnus mm-view mml-smime smime dig mh-e mh-compat mh-buffers
mh-loaddefs emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date reftex reftex-loaddefs
reftex-vars finder-inf tex-site info rx package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 276764 7426)
 (symbols 48 19795 1)
 (strings 32 94463 1234)
 (string-bytes 1 2699502)
 (vectors 16 32538)
 (vector-slots 8 401790 11842)
 (floats 8 185 27)
 (intervals 56 352 0)
 (buffers 992 11))

-- 
Dr. Horst H. von Brand                   User #22616 counter.li.org
Departamento de Informatica                    Fono: +56 32 2654431
Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria             +56 32 2654239
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513