Subject: 28.0.50; emacs-26.1-147099-gab7a61e0ef fails to build

From: Horst von Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 10:19:18 -0400 (CLT)

I grabbed the latest git version, did a `make clean`. The configuration is as stated below for this (older) version. Then `make` fails:
```
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/vonbrand/tmp/emacs/lisp'
  ELC      textmodes/makeinfo.elc

In toplevel form:
textmodes/makeinfo.el:71:1: Error: Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, texinfo-loaddefs
make[2]: *** [Makefile:301: textmodes/makeinfo.elc] Error 1
```

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 149, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.29, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2021-04-27 built on localhost.localdomain
Repository revision: d55d5358b27dee15ebbd998131d22b221f5f4964
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101001
System Description: Fedora 34 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/vonbrand'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mh-mime mh-identity mh-tool-bar mh-letter mh-show goto-addr
thingatpt gnus-cite gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-win gnus-range gnus nnheader wid-edit mh-xface mh-utils mh-comp
mh-scan mh-gnus mm-view mml-smime smime dig mh-e mh-compat mh-buffers
mh-loaddefs emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date reftex reftex-loaddefs
reftex-vars finder-inf tex-site info rx package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 276764 7426)
 (symbols 48 19795 1)
 (strings 32 94463 1234)
 (string-bytes 1 2699502)
 (vectors 16 32538)
 (vector-slots 8 401790 11842)
 (floats 8 185 27)
 (intervals 56 352 0)
 (buffers 992 11))

-- 
Dr. Horst H. von Brand                   User #22616 counter.li.org
Departamento de Informatica                    Fono: +56 32 2654431
Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria             +56 32 2654239
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513