Subject: 28.0.50; Update of loaddefs.el during normal build is unreliable

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 14:51:11 +0300

If you keep rebuilding Emacs from the Git repository using just the
"make -jN" commands, to track the development branches, after some
time loaddefs.el becomes outdated.  To see the outdated parts, rename
loaddefs.el and then say

  $ make -C lisp autoloads-force

Then compare the old loaddefs.el with the newly created one: you will
see many changes, depending on when was the last time you bootstrapped
or otherwise regenerated loaddefs.el from scratch.

This happens because regeneration of the parts of loaddefs.el affected
by Lisp changes is unreliable and misses some changes, in particular
those where autoloads from some Lisp files are redirected to private
*-loaddefs.el files instead of the common loaddefs.el.

These updates should happen automatically, they should not require
people to "make bootstrap" or manually regenerate loaddefs.el.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 122, i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2021-04-30 built on HOME-C4E4A596F7
Repository revision: ab7a61e0efd0684bc37a556d12f36521f9f61782
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
System Description: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (v5.1.0.2600)

Configured using:
 'configure -C --prefix=/d/usr --with-wide-int --with-native-compilation
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map text-property-search time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils comp
comp-cstr warnings subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra help-mode seq
byte-opt gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile cconv iso-transl
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process nativecomp emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 84237 12365)
 (symbols 48 8956 1)
 (strings 16 25167 3939)
 (string-bytes 1 768361)
 (vectors 16 16937)
 (vector-slots 8 295589 16641)
 (floats 8 28 124)
 (intervals 40 267 89)
 (buffers 888 11))