Subject: Re: bug#48116: Headers presents but unusable

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 21:45:25 +0000

Anatole Dahan <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have encountered errors while configuring emacs, and I was told to send a bug report here. You will find my config.log attached, together with my environment variables.
>
> For context, I am trying to cross-compile native-compilation. I guess
> this might not be supported, as libgccjit makes it quite complicated
> (I didn’t yet find a way to bypass the smoke test). I have built the
> NATIVE libgccjit for i586-linux-musl (maybe I am wrong about that ?)
>
> Anyway, both sys/inotify.h and libgccjit.h are present, but they are
> marked as missing because they can’t be used (which seems legit, at
> least for libgccjit, since it is built for native
> i586-linux-musl). From what I understood, this is considered a bug.
>
> Best,
> —Anatole Dahan

Hi Anatole,

generally speaking we do not support cross compilation using the native
build as libgccjit AFAIK is just not made for cross compiling.  I
suspect in your specific case this should be possible with some hacking
but coming to the problem of bypassing the smoke test I think the
easiest is to start with is commenting it out from configure.ac.

  Andrea