Subject: Re: bug#48114: Disarchive occasionally fails tests

From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 23:06:07 -0400

Heyo,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Timothy Sample <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> In Disarchive, I can rewrite the generator without regex.  I’ll do that
>> and see what I can do about the “Gave up!” issue.
>
> Did you have a chance to look into it?

I just pushed b9f0e78238e6186d28d738c7c5355a56557ce84f, which updates
Disarchive to 0.2.1, which has fixes for the test suite.  The giving up
problem has not been solved outright, but it should be practically
impossible to trigger.  (In fact, it probably *is* impossible to trigger
given how few PRNG states there are....)

> I’d like to make ‘guix’ and ‘guix-daemon’ depend on Disarchive, but not
> before we can be sure its test suite passes.

Exciting!

-- Tim