Subject: bug#48107: closed (Re: bug#48107: 27.2; tags-quiery-replace fails to find occurences)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 18:01:02 +0000

Your bug report

#48107: 27.2; tags-quiery-replace fails to find occurences

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
48107: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=48107
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#48107: 27.2; tags-quiery-replace fails to find occurences
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 21:00:47 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 12:39:16 -0500
> Cc: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> Is there any plan to backport the fix, or should this bug report be
> closed?

I don't think this is important enough to justify backporting, and I
don't think there will be Emacs 27.3 anyway.

Closing.

Subject: 27.2; tags-quiery-replace fails to find occurences
From: "Bob Floyd" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 13:14:34 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Put the attached 3 files, `f1.cpp`, `f2.cpp` and `TAGS` into an empty
folder.

Do:

1) find-file f1.cpp (C-x C-f)

2) tags-query-replace ITracks JTracks

    There are 4 occurrences that are changed

3) tags-query-replace JTracks ITracks

     There are 2 occurrences that are changed, and it reports "Replaced 0
occurrences" 

It should have found the remaining 2 occurrences and the reported number of
0 is wrong.

Hope you can reproduce this.

In GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)

of 2021-03-26 built on CIRROCUMULUS

Repository revision: deef5efafb70f4b171265b896505b92b6eef24e6

Repository branch: HEAD

Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19042

System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (v10.0.2009.19042.928)

Recent messages:

Replaced 2 occurrences

Scanning file d:/Bob/Temp/emacs/f2.cpp...

Mark set

Replaced 2 occurrences

user-error: All files processed

Mark set

Replaced 2 occurrences

Scanning file d:/Bob/Temp/emacs/f2.cpp...

Mark set

Replaced 0 occurrences

Configured using:

'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32

--without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static''

Configured features:

XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY W32NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2

HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:

  value of $LANG: ENU

  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: C++//la

Minor modes in effect:

  shell-dirtrack-mode: t

  show-paren-mode: t

  tooltip-mode: t

  global-eldoc-mode: t

  electric-indent-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  menu-bar-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  global-font-lock-mode: t

  font-lock-mode: t

  blink-cursor-mode: t

  auto-composition-mode: t

  auto-encryption-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  line-number-mode: t

  transient-mark-mode: t

  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:

d:/Bob/.emacs.d/elpa/verilog-mode-2020.6.27.14326051/verilog-mode hides
c:/Program Files/Emacs
27.2/x86_64/share/emacs/27.2/lisp/progmodes/verilog-mode

Features:

(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny format-spec rfc822 mml

mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs

text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231

mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums

mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils thingatpt etags fileloop generator xref

project dired dired-loaddefs pcmpl-unix time-date web-mode advice

derived edmacro kmacro shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring printing

ps-print ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr paren cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess

cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs finder-inf

tex-site info package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse

auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs

password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp

byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify

ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table

term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image

regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode

lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch

timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu

font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian

utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean

japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european

ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop

case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray

cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files

text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule

custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32

lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:

((conses 16 174942 7392)

(symbols 48 13957 1)

(strings 32 45787 2201)

(string-bytes 1 1506192)

(vectors 16 19753)

(vector-slots 8 248280 10026)

(floats 8 286 53)

(intervals 56 676 10)

(buffers 1000 18))