Subject: bug#48107: 27.2; tags-quiery-replace fails to find occurences

From: "Bob Floyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 13:14:34 -0700

Put the attached 3 files, `f1.cpp`, `f2.cpp` and `TAGS` into an empty
folder.

Do:

1) find-file f1.cpp (C-x C-f)

2) tags-query-replace ITracks JTracks

    There are 4 occurrences that are changed

3) tags-query-replace JTracks ITracks

     There are 2 occurrences that are changed, and it reports "Replaced 0
occurrences" 

It should have found the remaining 2 occurrences and the reported number of
0 is wrong.

Hope you can reproduce this.

In GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)

of 2021-03-26 built on CIRROCUMULUS

Repository revision: deef5efafb70f4b171265b896505b92b6eef24e6

Repository branch: HEAD

Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19042

System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (v10.0.2009.19042.928)

Recent messages:

Replaced 2 occurrences

Scanning file d:/Bob/Temp/emacs/f2.cpp...

Mark set

Replaced 2 occurrences

user-error: All files processed

Mark set

Replaced 2 occurrences

Scanning file d:/Bob/Temp/emacs/f2.cpp...

Mark set

Replaced 0 occurrences

Configured using:

'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32

--without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static''

Configured features:

XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY W32NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2

HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:

  value of $LANG: ENU

  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: C++//la

Minor modes in effect:

  shell-dirtrack-mode: t

  show-paren-mode: t

  tooltip-mode: t

  global-eldoc-mode: t

  electric-indent-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  menu-bar-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  global-font-lock-mode: t

  font-lock-mode: t

  blink-cursor-mode: t

  auto-composition-mode: t

  auto-encryption-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  line-number-mode: t

  transient-mark-mode: t

  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:

d:/Bob/.emacs.d/elpa/verilog-mode-2020.6.27.14326051/verilog-mode hides
c:/Program Files/Emacs
27.2/x86_64/share/emacs/27.2/lisp/progmodes/verilog-mode

Features:

(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny format-spec rfc822 mml

mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs

text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231

mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums

mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils thingatpt etags fileloop generator xref

project dired dired-loaddefs pcmpl-unix time-date web-mode advice

derived edmacro kmacro shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring printing

ps-print ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr paren cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess

cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs finder-inf

tex-site info package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse

auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs

password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp

byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify

ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table

term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image

regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode

lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch

timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu

font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian

utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean

japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european

ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop

case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray

cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files

text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule

custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32

lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:

((conses 16 174942 7392)

(symbols 48 13957 1)

(strings 32 45787 2201)

(string-bytes 1 1506192)

(vectors 16 19753)

(vector-slots 8 248280 10026)

(floats 8 286 53)

(intervals 56 676 10)

(buffers 1000 18))