Subject: Re: bug#48094: strace-5.8 build fails

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2021 15:30:13 +0200

Hi,

Bone Baboon <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès writes:
>> Since the “dumping logs” phase failed, could you try to access the build
>> logs under /tmp/guix-build-strace*?  (You need to build with
>> ‘--keep-failed’; see
>> <https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Debugging-Build-Failures.html>.)

[...]

> When I try to build strace multiple times with `--keep-failed` it fails
> each time and there is no log in `/tmp/guix-build-strace-*`.

As noted in the section of the manual above,
/tmp/guix-build-strace-5.8.drv-0 would contain the failed build tree:
the source and object files at the moment the build failed.  There
should be a ‘test-suite.log’ file in there, with details about test
failures, similar to the one I posted.

HTH!

Ludo’.