Subject: bug#48093: 28.0.50; feature/pgtk: multiple display: clipboard

From: Rajeev N <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 20:07:24 -0400

I use emacsclient with -a '' option to automatically start daemon if needed.  I use emacsclient command from terminal, wayland display, and X display (vnc) on the same machine,  I have noticed that the clipboard does not work as expected and I am forced to use xclip, wl-copy, wl-paste commands to workaround the bug.

Everything works as expected on the master branch.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-04-27 built on hp
Repository revision: 66a36f1e5a323aed3d39db1044a1b71373123832
Repository branch: feature/pgtk
Windowing system distributor 'System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-cairo --with-mailutils
 --prefix=/home/rajeev/tmp/build/em/o/feature/pgtk --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS
TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  reveal-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  midnight-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sort gnus-cite face-remap utf-7 nnml js cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs mm-archive network-stream url-http url-gw nsm
url-cache url-auth edmacro kmacro server cursor-sensor time-stamp
bbdb-gnus nnfolder pcase xt-mouse which-func imenu timeclock spam
spam-stat gnus-uu yenc semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet org-indent
reveal mailalias bbdb-message mail-extr ol-eww eww xdg url-queue
thingatpt mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe ol-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m icomplete
so-long autorevert filenotify bbdb-anniv tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat ls-lisp printing ps-print
ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr web-server web-server-status-codes el/web
midnight el/cron backtrace qp el/wthr el/av el/hass el/fin el/remote
el/script type-break cal-iso org-id lunar solar cal-dst holidays
hol-loaddefs el/calc el/loc term disp-table shell ehelp dirtrack
hideshow parsec plstore gnutls gnus-delay gnus-draft gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache gnus-msg
nndraft nnmh comp comp-cstr warnings rx cl-extra help-mode
gnus-icalendar org-capture gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig icalendar sieve sieve-mode sieve-manage sasl sasl-anonymous
sasl-login sasl-plain sendmail time ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok
nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox
org-element avl-tree generator org-agenda org-refile org-crypt org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus vc-git diff-mode
easy-mmode vc-dispatcher cus-edit pp cus-load nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums text-property-search
time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit el/org el/doc el/mail
el/tools el/shell el/xmpp el/diary timer-list bbdb-mua el/timer
el/util bbdb-com crm mailabbrev bbdb bbdb-site timezone el/bbdb appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs el/init
finder-inf wombat-theme info package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs
cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face
macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit pgtk lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process nativecomp emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 753102 61427)
 (symbols 48 42200 26)
 (strings 32 216166 23867)
 (string-bytes 1 6373560)
 (vectors 16 77229)
 (vector-slots 8 1318805 46922)
 (floats 8 1261 1241)
 (intervals 56 840 77)
 (buffers 992 37))